Monday, March 12, 2012

Trusting even when you cant see anything.

A long a weary Road where the fruit grows in the Valley.  My husband amazes me.  We got the opportunity to speak in Charlotte this weekend and my husband did a fabulous job.  Amazes me how he ties heroes in to being a Samaritan.  He had not only the Adults attention but the children too they was so good.  The food was out of this world delicious and it was great seeing everyone.  We are at a stand still right now waiting.  Doing what we do best these days.  It seems very sad that things seem to take such a long time when all you really want to do is give a child/ children a loving home with two parents that will adore them.  I just dont understand this concept. I had  wonderful opportunity to spend time with some great friends that shared about the times when all you had to do was go to the orphanage and sign a piece of paper and get the child you wanted out of the orphanage.  They was missionaries in Brazil for 11.5 yrs. They remember those days.  Oh how nice it would be to be back at those days. I would have me a whole passel of them. I found this today and I just had to share.... Be ENCOURAGED GOD IS ON THE THROWN NO TEAR IS WASTED,  No emotion is ignored God has a plan..  Refiners fire LET IT RAIN LORD.  We want to be used by you at all cost.
I questioned:  Why Lord?  Why would you require this of me; of my hard-working husband?  And if I’m honest with myself…Lord I’ve been obedient to you in this area of my life, now why then won’t you make things easy?
I know this is a small trial.  Women have endured much worse, and I probably will too someday.  But as children of God, when we are vulnerable, when we are weak, when we face things we wish we didn’t have to is when we are most refined.  We find ourselves in a place where we realize the Lord is calling us to lean on Him more heavily. The valley is the place we learn.
As Voddie Baucham says, “In some ways our lives are like a tube of toothpaste.  You don’t really know what’s in there til you squeeze it and see what comes out”
If I am squeezed and a sinful response of complaint and distrust comes out, I know I have a long way to go.
If I am squeezed and an unexplainable dependence and trust in the Lord is what comes out, I can know that He is conforming me to His image.
Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God.  Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Psalm 82:3-4 ESV
I can rest because I know God has put me in this place, and that He even provides a nest for the birds to lay their young.  I can yield myself up to His perfiect providences.  Any control I thought I had was an illusion anyway. He holds me in His arms and can I be unsafe where He has placed me?  I can let go of restless uncertainties and anxious desires.  I can abide, as David did, under the shadow of the Almighty.
What trials or sudden disappointments are you facing today?  Financial hardships, marital strife, infertility, rebellious children or burdens within your life that no one knows but you and the Lord?  May we all step willingly and joyously into the refiner’s fire, knowing that our God will show Himself faithful, that trials produce endurance, which produce character, which produce hope (Romans 5:3-5).    http://www.titus2atthewell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment